While I love cooking and am honestly better at more intricate meals I can also appreciate a simple go to recipe for those long days. Salads are always more refreshing and delicious in the summer. Don’t you agree? They’re also extremely easy to make and healthy for you so I think it’s important to have a few go to recipes so you can throw them together when friends are coming over or when you’d rather be relaxing outside than slaving away in a hot kitchen. With that being said today I am sharing with you my favorite quick and easy summer salad.
- olive oil
- favorite chicken season pack
- salt/ pepper
- 1 lb. chicken tenders or breast (the best quality you can get)
- green pepper
- dried cranberries
- honey roasted sesame sticks
- sunflower seeds
- mild cheddar
- Marzetti Dijon Champagne Dressing
- Grill chicken using your favorite chicken marinade. Cook on each side for 6 minutes and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
- While the chicken is grilling dice up a tomatoes, onion, a green pepper, and a cucumber. Grand a pinch of your favorite grated cheese and set aside.
- If you don’t usually have a bunch of seeds and nuts lying around your house I’d suggest getting a salad fixing bag from the store. They can be found in the fresh produce and nut aisles and will contain dried cranberries, almonds, seeds, etc which you can sprinkle onto of your salad.
- Once the chicken has rested for 10 minutes cut it up into small pieces. Place a mixture of spinach and kale into a large blow and add all ingredients one by one.
- Top with Marzetti Dijon Champagne Dressing and mix.
Like I said it is an extremely simple recipe that should take you no more than twenty minutes to make. Eddie and I usually grill a pack of chicken and use it for a few days to make salads for lunch and dinner. If you have any easy go to summer recipes leave the link in the comments below.